Skip to main content

Newly aquired items for the week ... so far

Well I've gotten my dollfie... I adore her! I also decided to join in on Dana of Miniature Art 's online class for Madeline through Mini Doll U later in August.
It has also been determined that my Pattern Drafting for Ladies 101 class is not going to be repeated for the rest of the year. This is due to this fall and early winter where I'll be very busy moving and with holiday work and have decided that I can only handle so much solo.
However the 102 Stylizations Class will be going on in late Sept!
The larger doll classes are ongoing and 102 Stylizations for Larger Dolls will start also in late Sept or early Oct!
I'll have another class for a lady dwarf that is in the planning stages and looks like it will be going on sometime in October!
I'm hoping to hear back on the purchase of a Ginny soon and look forward to hopefully adding her to my collection. I also have a friend on another list who is looking to make space in her house and has some dolls to send me... I seem to be a doll magnet this month... Dollfies, Tika, porcelain mini dolls and some surprise dolls!
Keep an eye out for more info on new patterns as I am nearly done with a couple more designs for Tiny Betsy who is soooo easy to sew for while sewing for my children this summer! I am now behind on my incentive sewing for my daughter... I trade chores and good behavior for doll clothes... man does this work well! I owe her about 6 outfits now. I should also have patterns for Tika, Dollfie (gee she needs a name badly) and any other dolls that I don't already have pages up for!
Sue
www.suestinycostumes.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On dolls and scales and magazines....

One of the focuses of my business is dollhouse miniatures.... to answer the questions on scale you have several scales that are popular or gaining popularity. 1" or 1/12 scale is the most common with tons of Yahoogroups for it and other online forums including Small Stuff Digest which is where I got my start... large international list for nothing but miniatures (not just 1" scale tho) 1/2" or 1/24 scale is smaller and has gained popularity in the last couple years as the 1" scale people run out of space for minis This is a niche market that has a growing base... not saying 1" scale is on it's way out just that 1/2" is growing in popularity due to the main body of crafters being retired or *my* elders (I'm not yet 30) and on space and money budgets that are shrinking. 1/4 scale is also popular but I'm not up on it much but I can say it is extremely tiny ... if you've ever seen the original 80's Poly Pockets those co

Alaska State Fair 2005

This year I decided it was time to start entering the Alaska State Fair . I've entered multiple County and local fairs for handcrafted items over the years growing up but not at the state level. It was time and my hard work paid off this year in the form of a first place ribbon on one of my nicest items I've done yet... Little Bo Peep and her Sheep otherwise known as Kitty Collier and Tiny Betsy. When I find some time I'll post the photos of them at the fair with their ribbon. The judge's comment on my form was "cute sheep girl" and I do have to admit Betsy is pretty cute! Both patterns will appear in the Halloween Issue of International Doll Magazine as well as being available for download (purchase) on my site .

News

News Well once again it's time I posted on this blog. I've accomplished a lot in the last few weeks. New patterns are nearing completion, my items are all automatically downloaded now through www.payloadz.com combined with www.paypal.com and I'm working on taking new photos of everything using the full size tripod and the lovely weather we're having this summer in Alaska . Some of the new patterns are for Kitty Collier , Skipper , Harry Potter who shares a body with Kevin & a couple new miniature patterns (not shown yet). Well that's it for now. Sue Darby www.suestinycostumes.com