Skip to main content

Fun Fun Fun....

Well it's been a few weeks since I last posted and I've had nothing but fun. I started out by doing a custom pattern for Tiny Kitty which turned out beautifully and actually ended up with 3 views to the pattern- plain, slight petticoat and poufy poufy princess petticoat. I now have a facination for double circle skirt patterns due to how much fullness can be put into the skirt and how well it all drapes but how little bulk is at the waist!
I have so much facination in fact that I also did 3 other dresses with the same style skirt. One is a halter style top for my Beauty B Dollfie and the other 2 are strapless dresses for the Beauty B and also my Super Size Barbie.
I had so much fun with these larger dolls that I've recently become hooked on the 16" fashion dolls as well. Brenda Starr arrived just today and already she has a bodice pattern I'll be testing tonight!
In addition to the new patterns and new dolls I've been busy developing 2 more classes that are running in mid October this year. Stylizations 102 which is the next level of the Mini Drafting 101 which ran in August and Cresindel a healer who likes to adventure as well! She has 2 interchangeable costumes and is only 4 1/2" tall!
Beyond that even I have been in the process of developing a Pattern Club.... not sure how it'll work out but if anyone has ideas on how to run it drop me a note! I'm also thinking of offering a larger doll special edition 102 with the patterns used being pre made basic blocks so that the basics of styleization can be learned without having to learn drafting first! I reccomend learning drafting first but I think there might be a few who would like to get to the fun part faster and Stylizations are certainly fun! Both things are still in the idea phase so all input is welcome!
Well time to feed my children so I'll end now.
Sue
www.suestinycostumes.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On dolls and scales and magazines....

One of the focuses of my business is dollhouse miniatures.... to answer the questions on scale you have several scales that are popular or gaining popularity. 1" or 1/12 scale is the most common with tons of Yahoogroups for it and other online forums including Small Stuff Digest which is where I got my start... large international list for nothing but miniatures (not just 1" scale tho) 1/2" or 1/24 scale is smaller and has gained popularity in the last couple years as the 1" scale people run out of space for minis This is a niche market that has a growing base... not saying 1" scale is on it's way out just that 1/2" is growing in popularity due to the main body of crafters being retired or *my* elders (I'm not yet 30) and on space and money budgets that are shrinking. 1/4 scale is also popular but I'm not up on it much but I can say it is extremely tiny ... if you've ever seen the original 80's Poly Pockets those co

Alaska State Fair 2005

This year I decided it was time to start entering the Alaska State Fair . I've entered multiple County and local fairs for handcrafted items over the years growing up but not at the state level. It was time and my hard work paid off this year in the form of a first place ribbon on one of my nicest items I've done yet... Little Bo Peep and her Sheep otherwise known as Kitty Collier and Tiny Betsy. When I find some time I'll post the photos of them at the fair with their ribbon. The judge's comment on my form was "cute sheep girl" and I do have to admit Betsy is pretty cute! Both patterns will appear in the Halloween Issue of International Doll Magazine as well as being available for download (purchase) on my site .

News

News Well once again it's time I posted on this blog. I've accomplished a lot in the last few weeks. New patterns are nearing completion, my items are all automatically downloaded now through www.payloadz.com combined with www.paypal.com and I'm working on taking new photos of everything using the full size tripod and the lovely weather we're having this summer in Alaska . Some of the new patterns are for Kitty Collier , Skipper , Harry Potter who shares a body with Kevin & a couple new miniature patterns (not shown yet). Well that's it for now. Sue Darby www.suestinycostumes.com