Skip to main content

Dolls I *swear* I didn't want....

Well it's been a while.. last post I tried the blogger ate and I didn't have time to put it back up again so I had to go a while w/o posting here. It's been a busy time in the last few months.... I now do a regular pattern for Doll Magazine. The first of which is already out and the second is in progress along with enough to go through to next summer.

Today is my daughter's 5th birthday and I thought I'd write about some of it.... recently she's been a pain... stole one of her unwrapped presents which happened to be a Nellie mini American Girl... 3 days before her birthday.. consequentially it's now one of an ever growing list of Christmas items. Her granmother in Oregon sent her a package which I opened to find some nicely wrapped presents... again stashed them and found them opened but at least it was done today... it was a combo of her and her brother snitching them as I had them up and know it had to be a cooperative effort. Too late to re-wrap them so we found them and to my semi-dismay she had been sent a Bratz doll... now I've seen them in the stores and I'm not fond of the big head and long legged nearly bodyless doll.. I'm a doll should look like a doll or a real person with 'correct' proportions.. I don't generally like stylized human figures... drove my illustration teachers batty with that but that's another story.

Anyway, I *swore* at one time that*I* would never buy a Bratz doll .... well upon looking at the doll further and then giving in because of a dismayed looking doll nutty 5 yr old who thought I might return the doll in favor of a different doll... I have kind of fallen for the Bratz dolls... to the point where I took a shoebox and instantly created a bed so that Sera would go to bed tonight! I've also like a nut told her I'd get Mrs. Claus aka me to make a 'fancy' dress for Jade (said Bratz doll). This is on top of Doll Magazine patterns and other patterns and projects for other dolls not to mention the usual Christmas outfits I make for her and her brother!

I try to not spoil the kids generally and this time of year is when I do spoil them a bit so I guess I'll just be extra busy sewing in the coming days.... like a nut I also volunteer at school and have offered to do more work in the classroom since the teacher has a cast on his foot!

I'll manage to get most of what I'm planning done but some of the other things are going to have to wait LOL.... my kids are important to me and Mrs. Claus is going to be busy into the wee hours of the morning later this month I have a feeling.

Well time to turn off the computer and sewing machine and get some rest!

Sue
www.suestinycostumes.com

Comments

Hi, Sue.

Your link to your web page does not seem to work from my computer. I tried it from your e-mail link, too.

I enjoyed your blog! :o)

Kathy Dickinson

Popular posts from this blog

On dolls and scales and magazines....

One of the focuses of my business is dollhouse miniatures.... to answer the questions on scale you have several scales that are popular or gaining popularity. 1" or 1/12 scale is the most common with tons of Yahoogroups for it and other online forums including Small Stuff Digest which is where I got my start... large international list for nothing but miniatures (not just 1" scale tho) 1/2" or 1/24 scale is smaller and has gained popularity in the last couple years as the 1" scale people run out of space for minis This is a niche market that has a growing base... not saying 1" scale is on it's way out just that 1/2" is growing in popularity due to the main body of crafters being retired or *my* elders (I'm not yet 30) and on space and money budgets that are shrinking. 1/4 scale is also popular but I'm not up on it much but I can say it is extremely tiny ... if you've ever seen the original 80's Poly Pockets those co

Alaska State Fair 2005

This year I decided it was time to start entering the Alaska State Fair . I've entered multiple County and local fairs for handcrafted items over the years growing up but not at the state level. It was time and my hard work paid off this year in the form of a first place ribbon on one of my nicest items I've done yet... Little Bo Peep and her Sheep otherwise known as Kitty Collier and Tiny Betsy. When I find some time I'll post the photos of them at the fair with their ribbon. The judge's comment on my form was "cute sheep girl" and I do have to admit Betsy is pretty cute! Both patterns will appear in the Halloween Issue of International Doll Magazine as well as being available for download (purchase) on my site .

News

News Well once again it's time I posted on this blog. I've accomplished a lot in the last few weeks. New patterns are nearing completion, my items are all automatically downloaded now through www.payloadz.com combined with www.paypal.com and I'm working on taking new photos of everything using the full size tripod and the lovely weather we're having this summer in Alaska . Some of the new patterns are for Kitty Collier , Skipper , Harry Potter who shares a body with Kevin & a couple new miniature patterns (not shown yet). Well that's it for now. Sue Darby www.suestinycostumes.com